The following information is supplied from the website GuestDiary.com (www.guestdiary.com)
Free Resource – Hotel Booking Engine Specification - SHORT READ
25 things you want from your booking Engine Supplier
- Should be mobile enabled.
- Rooms should be displayed by lowest room first.
- Should be embedded prominently on the homepage of the website.
- Should allow guests to book upgrades/extras
- Should display a message if rooms are available today (to encourage booking conversion).
- Should display rooms and rates with a minimum stay longer than the day search (to encourage longer stays).
- Should show alternatives if there are no rooms available for the quantity of adults searched.
- Should display alternative days if there is no availability for the day searched.
- Should display a message if no rooms are available (ie Contact us to join our waiting list etc).
- The Ability to prioritise the display of a Special Offer to the top of a Booking Engine.
- Special Offers should be highlighted when displayed.
- Ability to add content to the Booking Confirmation (How to find us etc).
- Should provide room prices in different currencies.
- Should allow larger images of the room to be visible when clicked.
- Should show room descriptions.
- Should be multi-lingual.
- Should allow rooms to be sold in different rate plans (ie Room Only or B&B).
- Should ask guests to confirm the Terms and Conditions.
- Should give guests the option to opt-in/out of the Marketing program.
- You should be able to measure using Google Analytics.
- You should be able to measure Google Adwords Conversions.
- Should provide guests with a clear Booking Confirmation.
- Should provide guests with a method of cancelling the reservation.
- Once on your Booking Engine the guest should see the 'https' (Secure).
- Should allow Gift Vouchers to be booked.
Finally, once again…this is something of a ‘GuestDiary Ideology....but…..we believe strongly that your booking Engine supplier should come from the same company that supplies your Website.